Thursday, October 16, 2008

You're AUT! (Project Runway spoiler alert)




Those were the two phenomenal words that Ms. Heidi Klum spoke to psycho biatch Kenley last night on the season finale of Project Runway. Finally. Was Kenley not the most annoying PR contestant of all-time?! Sure the girl had talent, but her horrible attitude just overshadowed everything she did on the entire show. I completely understand that some people are just born with annoying voices and they are just as god made them, but she should think twice when opening that overly made up mouth of hers. Especially to Uncle Tim. When you mess with Uncle Tim, you get auffed. I can't wait to watch the footage again of the moment when Kenley realized that Tim Gunn was one of the Bryant Park judges...oopsies, someone feels like an a-hole! Anyhoo, for me personally it was a really close contest between the three ladies. Going into the night I was rooting for little Leanne (someone get the girl a blow dryer), but after seeing all of the collections I really didn't care who won. I just wanted Kenley gone because of her horrible attitude and that ridiculous tree on top of her head.

My favorite outfit from the regular season was the black two-piece skirt/top combo that Leanne made for the Saturn challenge (I think). It was the first time we saw her "petal" work in action. And sure enough she loved it so much that she practically used it throughout her entire collection. Her colors were much more muted and neutral than Kenley's or Korto's, but it paid off with the judges. I have to admit that Kenley's hand painting technique is pretty badass and the girl knows how to sew. I really enjoyed Korto's color scheme (bright and fun), except for that one beigey crinkley short dress...yuck. Uncle Tim loved it though, so I'm definitely missing something. Overall, I think this season was lacking in serious talent. The competition as a whole wasn't on the same level as the previous seasons and the cattiness could be taken up a notch or twelve. I'm just relieved that they are likely leaving the show on Bravo, and not moving to Lifetime, for next season (which I hear might start in January). I wasn't too excited about watching PR and seeing previews for Army Wives. I've posted three pics from last night's competition (top to bottom: Leanne, Kenley, Korto). They are my favs from each designer...what were yours??

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Leanne is a perfect candidate for Tim Gunn's "Guide to Style"! Keep it in the family. I read an interview with Tim a few days ago, and he said Christian was the only contestant that has true designer staying power. I'm still partial to Daniel V. because I want to marry him, but Christian is no doubt the most talented.