Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cheap and Chic

Ok, so after nearly 18 years of doing my own hair I think I might have found a really fabulous hair product. First let me describe my hair type for those of you still reading this. My hair is super straight, very fine, and I have massive amounts of it! It is not an exaggeration to say that every time I've tried out a new stylist they've commented, "Oh my gosh, you have a ton of hair!" And tons of straight, fine hair doesn't do a whole lot for styling purposes, which is probably why my mom subjected me to perms for the first 10 years of my life, (seriously, I didn't even know I had straight hair until 6th grade!)...every time I smell that skunky perm chemical smell I swear my hair shivers in it's follicle! Anyway, while I was having my hair done at my wedding I asked the two stylists how often they washed their hair and was SHOCKED when both said they only washed it every 4-5 days!!! My first thought was 'Eww', followed a my second thought that I was clearly missing something. I've always read that it's better for your hair to wash it only once every few days and there's no doubt that styling my fine hair is easier when it's "dirty", but in reality my hair is so greasy after even one day that I could rock the 'Flock of Seagulls' hairstyle on day three with all that oil at my roots! I read in a magazine to try baby powder so I gave that a whirl and while it does soak up the oil it leaves a grey matte hue that covers the shininess of my hair. So, I'm here today to tell you I've found something that actually works!!! SAMY's dry spray shampoo, ($8 at Walgreens), comes in an aerosol can much like hairspray and contains oat extract that soaks up the oil and dirt at the roots. I first tried it after I washed my hair on a Saturday morning, went for a run on Sunday, (yes I washed my body after the run, I'm not a dirty, gross girl!), and hadn't washed it by Monday morning and I kid you not my hair was refreshed and easy to style after spraying the dry shampoo spray on my roots, and all this without having to wash it! It even has a nice fresh smell so if you're really stinking it up it might take care of that as well! All you do is spray it on your roots, (part your hair in several places to make it easiest), about 6-8 inches away from your head and fluff up your hair with your fingers, then wait a few minutes to let it soak up the oil before brushing and combing it through...it's fantastic!! Good luck to all you fine-haired ladies out there!!!

No comments: