Saturday, October 11, 2008

Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon

I did it. I took my bad karma and turned it right around. I've had a very productive Saturday (the norm for us non-football fans). I went to Target to purchase a new cloth mop for cleaning my hardwood floors - cause that's what I do. I ended up walking out of there with $100 of other things - damn you Target and your aisles of useless crap. I even walked out of there with a jumbo package of toilet paper that I maybe sorta forgot to pay for. In my defense, it was on the bottom of the cart and no one brought it to my attention. Not even the helpful rent-a-cop at the front entrance. I didn't notice until I was already unloading my new shirt and Halloween costume for my dog. Immediate reaction is always, "crap, did anyone notice?" Then you move into the "well it's only toilet paper" phase and quickly decide that somehow the world owes you this $7.00 package of Quilted Northern. I'm sure at some point I overpaid $7.00 at Target for something! But being the righteous and just person that I am, I couldn't live with myself any longer. Plus, I realized that this was a golden opportunity to get my clearly terrible karma back on track. So on I went back into the store with the 12-pack of Tee Pee, walked right past Mr. observant rent-a-cop and stepped into the express line. I felt so proud of myself I even tossed in another pack of Trident as a reward. With all of my legal purchases loaded up I proceeded on to my next good deed of the day. I donated a giant trash bag full of clothes to some charity box on the side of the road. I'm sure someone will put my old threads to good use (especially the souvenir t-shirt from that Stripper class we took in Las Vegas, "Stripper 101 Grad"). There might even be someone out there who deserves it more than I do. So I'm feeling pretty awesome about my karma right now and I'm ready to tackle Saturday night. Wish me luck!

No comments: