Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Some Might Say...


...that all is right in the world this week. No, I'm not talking about Obama pulling ahead in the election race (although that doesn't hurt!). I'm talking about something even more important to me, fundamentally important. An event so close to my heart that I can't go any further without addressing it. It's been a part of my life since 1994 and has shaped how I view the world. It's led me on expeditions overseas, across countries on trains, and deep into the cold, dark heart of our sister city in the UK. Now god has answered my prayers and brought them to me once again - Oasis is touring the US!!! And they will be right here, actually out there, in Auburn Hills on Saturday, December 13. If Oasis actually still sell enough tickets to book The Palace, then hope is not lost in this world. If you want to share this magical night with me, you can purchase your tickets starting yesterday for the presale at Ticketmaster (password: oboe). Or wait till they go on sale Friday at 10am. Ryan Adams is opening.
The picture on the right is from my trip to Manchester, England. The building used to be a club where Oasis played their first show together as Oasis. It's my Graceland.

No comments: