Friday, October 10, 2008

Deleted from our dictionary...

Happy Friday everyone, thanks for reading and keeping dyingtobedivas alive! Today I'd like to introduce yet another fascinating feature we plan to provide our dedicated readers, (all 7 of you!), and we're calling it "deleted from our dictionary." I'll start by describing my inspiration for this new section; I recently joined the the BlackBerry cult and have since had to have my IT person, (my bro Kyle Arch), change the settings on my work email from a Pop3 to a IMAP server, (don't know what any of that means), so that I can receive email on my phone and forever be enslaved by The Man!! For whatever reason, it changed the way I delete my email messages on my computer from just selecting "delete" to deleting them all then having to select "purge deleted messages"....PURGE, what?!? Is my computer vomiting the messages into the recycle bin, is it sticking it's mouse cord down it's perverbial hard drive throat and yacking up torn bits of email messages into the abyss of cyberspace?!? The more I said it in my head the more I was irked by the use of word. It never means anything good or pleasant, in fact I took a moment to look it up and copied my favorite definition from dictionary.com: "to clear or empty (the bowels) by causing evacuation"...uh, gross!! Now I can't stop thinking about someone blowing chunks (a candidate for the next "deleted from our dictionary" article), everytime I have to delete my messages, which is like 497 times a day!!! So I vote that 'purge' be the first word deleted from the dyingtobedivas dictionary and that's what this feature is going to be about, eliminating awful, nasty, gross words from our vernacular! Now, who's with me?!? Send us your suggestions and we'll be happy to post the ones that make us cringe!

4 comments:

The Iron Squirrel said...

The drug "Plavix" sounds so effing gross to me. Ew. Plavix.

The Iron Squirrel said...

Oh! Oh! Also- thought of this a few minutes ago- "Panties."

And "Moist"

Ewww...not necessarily together either

Marc said...

my ex-girlfriend literally had to go to the bathroom in fear of vomiting everytime she heard the word "broth".

Lisa said...

Panties and Moist are definitely in my top 3. And I can't believe I just used them in the same sentence. Marc...that is bizarre. She must have had a horrific accident with soup.