Tuesday, October 14, 2008

eHarmony Update - OMFG


Yesssss...I knew it. I knew if I kept reading the profiles and searching long and hard I would find him. I knew he was there and I knew he couldn't hide it. I, of course, am referring to the Dungeons and Dragons guy!! I heard rumors that this game still existed and that actual living breathing grown men still played. Now it wasn't clearly obvious at first glance. I was browsing my profiles closing communication with match after match (my hotmail inbox is almost full and things are getting out of control), when I stumbled upon Matthew. His opening line about beating depression and coming out the other side alive really had me at hello. Disclaimer: I'm not making light of his struggle, but I do think there are certain things one shouldn't list on an eHarmony profile for all the online dating world to see. Clinical depression is probably one of those things. But on I kept reading and it just got more and more interesting. I think I'll just quote the entire "Some additional information Matthew wanted you to know" section:
"I am into DD, and if you don't know what that means you probably aren't. It is something that is going to be apart of my life, and if that doesn't scare you away that is great. I am also, for lack of a better term, adventurous when it comes to my bedroom interests. I am straight and monogamous, but I do like trying different things."

Fantastic Matthew! Thanks for that. I admit upon first and second read I had no idea what DD was. I thought maybe he really liked to be a designated driver (which made me almost reconsider closing the communication - could have been handy). Then it hit me: the mysterious Dungeons and Dragons. I'm all for learning new and exciting things in my dating life, but a game where I have to dress up like a druid princess is not one of them. Once I got over the DD part, I could focus all of my attention on his sexual confession. It's probably hard to believe, but he's the first guy who has actually admitted intimate details on his profile page. He's not holding back. Well, at least the lucky lady that communicates with Matthew will be well informed about all of his habits and adventures. I, on the other hand, will leave him free to DD.

6 comments:

kelsarch said...

aww but he sounds like such a keeper! he might be an interesting new addition to your group of friends and i bet he'd provide many new experiences and stories for us to hear about...

Lisa said...

You're probably right Kelsi. I don't think I have any friends that play DD (unless they're hiding it), so he could be an interesting catch. I'll have to buy Dungeons and Dragons for dummies and brush up on my game.

Anonymous said...

My brother used too!

Lisa said...

My brother used to is DD code language for "I love it so much!"

Anonymous said...

Meaning he was a user. I'll start telling everyone about your secret fantasy fiction collection that you keep in your basement. You know, about the unicorns and the wizards?

Lisa said...

Just because I've let you in my basement, doesn't mean you can share all my personal details.