Thursday, October 9, 2008

Diary of a Newlywed....what a difference 16 inches makes!

Sixteen inches may not sound like alot but I am here to tell you that my life has recently changed thanks to the glorious dimensions of 76 x 80!! For nearly 4 months now Nick and I have walked in and out of one of our guestrooms placing wedding gifts and other various boxes in the corner, paying no attention to the gigantic king size bed laying at the other end of the room. I bought luxurious sheets, a soft new comforter, and most importantly a 2 inch Visco memory foam mattress topper. And before I go any further, let me take a moment to extol the genius and magic that is the memory foam topper. If you haven't tried one you might as well be sleeping on a cot because the memory foam topper can only be described as sleeping on a giant puffy cumulous cloud where every turn of your body feels like you're burrowing deeper into cotton candy like squashy perfection, and I'm not exaggerating here people, it's AMAZING!! So anyway, for no real reason other then pure laziness we've contined sleeping in Nick's comfy queen bed and have been very satisfied with our sleep experience. However, two nights ago we randomly decided to try out the giant king size bed and boy were we missing out!! No longer does my knee have to ram into his back when we both do the Heisman pose face down on your stomach, no more disturbances when he comes to bed later then me, I can barely see him all the way on the other side let alone feel him settling in! And finally, we can both do snow angels without hitting each other!!! We've wasted 4 whole months rolling into one another, elbowing each other, fighting over the middle and all the while our little slice of heaven sat only 10 feet away...who knew 16 inches could make suge a huge difference!

1 comment:

awesome said...

You should try an entire bed made of memory foam...chock full of body huggin goodness is what it is! It's why I plunked down the dough a few years ago. Best purchase ever!!!