Monday, October 20, 2008

Deleted from our dictionary...

This probably won't come as a surprise to our female readers out there but seeing as how so many guys like to overuse this word just to annoy us I'll mention it just in case there's someone left out there who doesn't realize we hate it. The word of the week is "Moist". The sound of it is enough to make me vomit, the meaning of it well, obviously there are many meanings that conjure up a number of gross images. The "sss" sound just before the "tuh" just makes for a really dirty sounding word and throw an -ness on it to make "moistness" and I'll start dry-heaving! There's been an ongoing battle over the usage of this word, girls hate it and guys seem to enjoy making us squirm by using this word whenever possible and god forbid you have to go down the baking aisle at the grocery store and pass all the "moist chocolate fudge brownies" and "Super Moist Banana Nut Muffins" because you have to know at least 3 of those will end up in the basket just because they contain the word "moist" and then you'll be forced to hear nothing but jokes about whipping up some super moisssttt brownies later...ick!! So guys give us a break on this one, I bet "Moist" would be #1 on the list of words girls hate so stop using it and we'll all be better off! In fact we'll make you a deal, you stop using the word "moist" and we'll stop using your least favorite word..."commitment"

6 comments:

awesome said...

I can agree to not use "moist" if you gals agree to not use the phrase "So I saw on Oprah that..."

Lisa said...

Not a fair trade Awesome. Mamma O is off limits!

The Iron Squirrel said...

I like to assume responsibility for this post. So I will. Thanks.

Leigh said...

Absolutely, the iron squirrel is right on point with the icky words!!

Btw...what's the meaning behind iron squirrel?

The Iron Squirrel said...

The Iron Squirrel- I am EXTREMELY squirrel-y. Like when I am digging through my closet or trying to find something- people have definitely said I am like a little squirrel. Plus, I am AWESOME at finding things, like really good. The Iron part is because I am very tough and slightly ornery at times. Thus, the Iron Squirrel.

Rietveld said...

wet brownies....no
dripping fudge....no
slimmy banana nut bread....no

i will stick with moissssss tuh !!!