Friday, December 5, 2008

The Week in Review 12/5/08

Is anyone else freezing balls today? Can someone make the cold weather thing stop? You'd think I'd learn and move somewhere warm after all these years. I'm convinced that people living in cold climates forget just how horrible it all is as soon as it's over. It's kind of like childbirth. I'm absolutely convinced (with zero first-hand experience of course) that women forget the agony and torture of childbirth as soon as it's over...that's why they keep popping them out. Otherwise, that crazy woman with 18 children and one on the way would have stopped a long long time ago.

I hope to inspire some warm and fuzzy feelings today with the weekly post of all things awesome.

Steve-O from Jackass fame scheduled to appear on next season's Dancing With the Stars!
- This is enough to make me DVR the entire season. Does the network have any idea what they are getting into? They go from geriatric Cloris Leachman to coke-head partially brain-damaged Steve-O?! This show just gets better and better. I, for one, will be tuning in to see how he dances the cha cha cha with his butt cheeks pierced together.

Shania Twain steps out in NYC with (bear with me) ex-husband's girlfriend's ex-husband!
- Well played Shania, well played.

OJ Simpson sentenced to at least 15 years!
- While I am satisfied to hear this wife killer is finally off the streets, I am shocked that it took a lame robbery attempt to do it. Was the bloody glove and blood-spattered Bronco really not enough evidence? Instead he gets tossed in the slammer for attempting to steal sports memorabilia. My head hurts.

Ex-Red Wing and current Dallas Star, Sean Avery suspended from NHL for 6 games!
- Hot-head Avery called ex-girlfriend Elisha Cuthbert (from 24 and some horrible movies) his sloppy seconds in front of the media...on purpose. I'm sorry Sean, but something tells me you didn't have firsts either. Just sayin.

Finally, I had to share this photo from some site of LOLCatz. My co-workers love these cats and being a dog person I never really got the humor. I think this one is pertinent to our current state of affairs, so of course, had to share it.


Stay warm cold staters!

4 comments:

awesome said...

I'm thinking that Duggar nut works harder to keep the kids in than giving birth...know what I mean?

Lisa said...

hmm...for some reason I am totally confused! You mean "cash cow" in the truest sense of the word??

awesome said...

I'm saying that there is more effort in keeping the kids from falling out of her than pushing them out...hotdog-hallway syndrome.

Lisa said...

ohhhh of course...lovely description, thank you!