Friday, December 12, 2008

Top 5 fashion takes...battle of the sexes

Today I present to you a special top 5 (okay so it's more then 5, I know), list complete with guest commentary by our very own Diva Lisa and our Diva-Wannabe Jeremy Koscielny. There's a lot of talk about women dressing for men's attention vs. other women who will be around and this highly scientfic study of mine will try to answer the question of whether pleasing both sides is possible. As host of this battle of the sexes I've asked both participants to comment on several fashion trends found in today's women's wear. We really can't claim to be an educational blog but ladies may want to take note of what one regular joe is thinking while you rock the latest trends!

Fashion Trends:
1. Huge Sunglasses:
Jer - "huge sunglasses suck!!!!!!"
Lisa - "There is nothing better on a hangover day then huge sunglasses. The more of my face that can be covered, the better."



2. Booties: Go for it ladies, especially with tights!
Jer: "booties are cool"
Lisa: "I'm on the bootie bandwagon! I have to say I'm sold on them now, but definitely only closed toe booties!"

3. Ugg Boots:
Jer: "another thing I do not get is Ugg boots! Or wearing boots in general with any outfit!"
Lisa: "I don't love Ugg boots at all, but I do love boots!"
Leigh: I can only say that they are against the Uggs because they don't have a pair, they are so warm, soft, and comfortable in the snow everyone should own a pair for utility purposes at least!!

4. Velour Sweat Suits: (not exactly the most current but Jer was passionate about every woman getting rid of these!!)

5. Skinny Jeans/Pants/Leggings:
Jer: "the skinnier the better, leggings look great"
Lisa: totally on board with the skinny jeans in boots and with high heels

6. Wide Leg Pants:
Jer: "hate them, they should never be worn!"
Lisa: "Like them with the right shoe"
Leigh: Personally I think they're cool on tall, skinny women, otherwise they don't flatter the body!

7. Black or similarly dark nail polish:
Jer: "should only be worn in the month of October"
Leigh: We both love the dark nail polish!

8. Animal Prints:
Both give a resounding, "never wear them"
Leigh: I however like a little bit of animal print here and there...in fact I love Amanda Bynes purple silk leopard print dress she's wearing on the cover of Cosmo this month! When in Vegas, Miami, or at the right party I think the animal print can be done right, in small doses!

Jer would also like to comment on a few of his other fashion pet peeves:
1. Hates too much eye shadow
2. Hates low rise pants that cause muffin tops to spill over (this shouldn't be news to any girl out there)
3. Hates large earrings (no explanation why...)
4. Hates baggy pants

I think the moral of the story is to keep the pants tight, lose the oversized sunglasses, never wear boots, and stay far far away from anything that doesn't show off the body if you want to dress for the Y chromosome, not exactly shocking news!!! I won't be winning any prize for this study!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is probably true. I just don't think leopard blends well with my glowing paleness!