Friday, November 21, 2008

The Week in Review 11/21/08

"Sippin on coke and rum, I'm like - So what I'm drunk, it's the freakin weekend and I'm about to have me some fun." Anyone?? It's only the most genius lyric ever from the mastermind behind the "Trapped in the Closet" series, R. Kelly!! I thought I would kick off this week's "The Week in Review" with a bit of poetry.

Now that we've all been cultured, I'd like to drop the week's biggest stories for you. Without further delay:

- Full House cutie Jodie Sweetin and husband to split! - it looks like her methamphetamine addiction will not be the low point of her life. Now she has a public divorce to go through with a small child in tow. Look for her to be driving the Olsen trolls around for extra cash soon.

- Paris Hilton and Benji Madden split! - I was never clear how someone downgrades from a Greek oil heir to a Good Charlotte twin, but Paris tried hard for a few months. Who will her next victim be?? I'm voting for a lesbian phase.

- Hugh Jackman is the Sexiest Man Alive! - Barack Obama was robbed.

- OMG Arrested Development film will happen!! - This is the best news I've heard since November 4th. Best comedy series ever. The show that launched the career of Michael Cera and brought Jason Bateman back from the Where Are They Now files. I will be the first in line wearing my best Buster Bluth costume.

- Oprah to downgrade her "Favorite Things" show - She gave out a $4000 HDTV Refrigerator to her audience last year. This year they will receive "a special gift that won't cost a thing." They got screwed.

- Detroit Lions lose both games next week! - Ok, so this is just a prediction.

- Big 3 Auto Execs are complete morons! - Not only are they getting paid 10's of millions of dollars to run their companies into the frozen Michigan ground, they decided to take their private jets to beg for a handout from the government. At what age do rich white dudes lose common sense?! Quick someone call Ted Stevens.

- Sarah Palin pardons turkey while turkey's brother gets head chopped off in background! - if you haven't seen this video, click here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8DTSPzU0RI (actual gory parts are blurred out)

That's all for this week! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I thoroughly enjoyed your week in review.. Now that you deleted your myspace and facebook pages this will be the only place I can keep in touch with you.

Don't let those political rantings bring you down.

Keep up the good work ladies!!

Lisa said...

Aw thank you Cherilyn! It's great to hear from you. Yeah, I totally freaked on the facebook thing. I'm glad we can stay in touch though!