Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Her Royal Divaness


I made it through the wilderness - somehow I made it through. Didn't know how lost I was, until I found you. I was beat incomplete. I'd been had; I was sad and blue, but you made me feel...yeah, you made me feel...shiny and new.

Is it stuck in your head now?! Yessss. That's right, tonight is Madonna. Leigh and I will be heading to beautiful downtown Detroit to see the speck onstage that will apparently be Madonna herself. We will have a full report for you tomorrow on the good (her old stuff and everything up to Ray of Light), the bad (the last couple CD's), and the ugly (her penchant for wearing leotards). We will welcome her home in style.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

I take offense to your characterization of her last few albums as "the bad"! Confessions on a Dance Floor was the highlight of my 2005!! How many times did I demand Scott play Hung Up and Future Lover...oh those were he days...

Lisa said...

haha...ok ok! I knew I was in trouble as soon as I said that. Truthfully, I enjoyed Confessions as well. And by enjoyed, I mean danced drunkenly in a limo to most of the album.

Lisa said...

Jon after last night I have a much stronger appreciation for all things Madonna. I'm not sure how she escaped my 1980's upbringing, but truth be told I only own one Madonna CD and it's the Immaculate Collection. Not a die hard fan by any means. I was too busy dancing to Bad and watching GNR videos I guess. We'll have a full report as soon as Leigh crawls out of bed.