Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The death of Facebook

As I'm sure no one has noticed, I decided to delete my facebook profile yesterday. It might have been a spontaneous decision on my part, but one I feel will pay off in the long run. As a person who sits behind their desk for 8 hours a day it was just too tempting. Work is busy again for me so I just didn't need the added distraction - besides, I already have a blog! I've now ridded myself of both Myspace and Facebook and I'm waiting for the world to end and for my friends to forget who I am.

Truthfully, I had a hard time ignoring certain comments, especially during the last few weeks. Don't ask me why I take these things to heart when they have nothing to do with me, but it happened. I found myself wanting to toss my monitor on the floor in a very aggressive manner. These traits are not becoming of a lady, so I did the next best thing...just deleted the darn thing. I'm going to miss out on connecting with that handful of people that I don't hear from regularly, but wish I did. I think there are certain things that are just better left pre-1999. So I hope no one forgets who I am and we can still connect via email, phone, text message, blog post or what the hell...in person.

I hope there will be more entertaining blog posts this week. We've really been taking a prolonged mental vacation! Next Tuesday we see the diva queen herself Madonna, so I'm sure we'll have some photos from our rooftop seats to post!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I just totally lost it after reading some of our old church and PCA colleagues profiles. I know they weren't forcing me to do it, but it's disturbing nonetheless. I guess after 14 years there I was more than ready for a clean break at graduation. Well, facebook is bringing it all back into focus and it's not pretty. I want to keep the memories I have, but I don't need to have a reunion everyday. The brainwashing has worn off. ;)