Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Voting Day!

So I'm not nearly as excited for the results of this election as much as I am excited for it to all be over!! No more political conversations, no more awful TV ads, constant sound bytes, grand speeches that don't answer any real questions, I have had enough! I apologize to all of you Poli-Sci nuts out there if this is your favorite time of year but seriously I can't stand it anymore. I think I reached my max after seeing the "Proposal 2 goes 2 far" ad which is against loosening the restrictions on stem cell research and uses an animal analogy ad that starts with, "this is not a cat, it's a feline" while a poor little barn cat stares into the camera, then it moves onto, "this is not a pig, it's a swine," as little Babe snorts for the camera. Then it describes, in about 10 seconds, what they really think the proposal means for Michigan, (they don't want public funding for it), and really drives the point home when Daisy the cow flashes on the screen and the voice over says, "this is not a cow, this is bull"... honestly whoever let this ad get on prime time TV should be caned until they're ass is purple, it's so bad! I miss watching those cute little Clorox Scrubbing Bubbles as they whisk away the soap scum on the tub, and the cave-men Geico commercials that still make me laugh even though they're completely overplayed, and I even miss the ladies from the Yoga Booty Ballet infomercials, boy can they get funky in downward facing dog! I'm ready to go back to, normal TV, normal news, and anything less frequent then daily political discussions. We blog purely to promote our divaness around the globe, not our political agendas, but no matter what happens by tomorrow morning, I think we can all raise a glass to moving ahead with a new president. Cheers!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I second that...just make sure to vote for Obama. Ok seriously...do whatever your heart tells you, just as long as your heart tells you to vote for Obama.

Leigh said...

So much for shameless political agenda promoting!!!

Lisa said...

I'm sorry!! Ok really seriously, I've been holding back on facebook, so I have to let it out somewhere. I figure people choose to come to our site so I'm allowed to voice my opinion just once. Now it's back to doing what I do best...talking about whatever it is we are doing. Onward with the Halloween post!

The Iron Squirrel said...

Please dont vote against stem cell research either!!!