Thursday, November 20, 2008

A minor rant

I've been reading reviews of the Detroit Madonna show here and there and am amazed about something. A ton of readers have commented that she was two hours late taking the stage. That's just not true. I don't know how many concerts these people have been to, but when it says 7:30 on the ticket it doesn't mean the main act will be onstage at 7:30. She didn't have an opener, so that just means you sit and wait until 9pm. How ridiculous would that be if the doors were at 7:30 and two seconds later Madonna comes out...the show would end at 9pm! Totally not a big deal, but I am shocked at how many people are complaining about her being 2 hours late. I read that same thing happened on a few different stops, but she's getting a bum rap because people are morons. My two cents for the day!

5 comments:

The Iron Squirrel said...

Hmmm, she needs to get an opening act. I am guessing thats what the problem is....

Lisa said...

Yeah for sure. We just saw Janet with no opening act too! I guess Paul Oakenfold is opening on the next leg of her tour. Us Detroiters had to sit in silence!

awesome said...

HIlarious! A shop regular came in last night and told me he went to the concert with his wife. His big issue with the night??? That she went on 2 hours late. I chuckled.

Lisa said...

Seriously?! This explains everything to me about the stupidity of our country. People honestly think Madonna is supposed to go onstage at 7:30?! I am blown away by this.

The Iron Squirrel said...

What, is she too good to have an opening act??? That's pretty pretentious. I have actually been thinking about this and it really irritates me.....This is taking up brainspace...I am going to stop thinking about it