Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Top 5

Happy Thanksgiving week everyone! I am thrilled that this is a short work even though the holidays seem to have snuck up on me along with the cold temperatures and early darkness. I'm having a harder time then usual acclimating to the darkness at night, I don't know what my deal is but I'm seriously having a problem differentiating the hours between 5:30 and 10:30, I find myself checking my watch, phone or nearby clock to continue confirming what time it is at night. I keep thinking it's time for bed when it's only time for Jeopardy to start (which is 7:30pm and I suck at pretty much every category except the Bible and pop culture!). I realize this happens every year but for some unknown reason I'm struggling to adjust!

So one great thing about the holiday season having arrived is that Clementine oranges are available. I look forward to the day every year when I walk into Kroger and see those precious little boxes of sweet Clementines and is there anything cuter then a mini-fruit packaged in what looks like a little fenced in corral called Clementines?!? I love them! This is really taking me off on a tangent but I'm feeling very organic about this post and maybe even a little hungover from Friday night still so I'll let it go where it leads me and that is to this statement: I think I can confidently say that pretty much everything mini is cute. And I've been thinking of adding a new post to the blog so I might as well start now!

As many of you know, Nick and I are big fans of giving each other our top five _____ (insert topic or category here). It's an homage to his favorite movie High Fidelity and we've done everything from top 5 favorite Taco Bell orders to more serious stuff like top 5 garbage pail characters. So I'll start this new post item with Top 5 Mini things:


5. Clementines


4. Mini rake: Just the other day my Dad was over helping us rake up the millions of remaining leaves and I noticed he'd brought the cutest little mini rake! Now it turned out to be a rake that's meant to get in between shrubs but it's still mini and is adorable, it looks like a toy!!


3. Mini Dump Truck: I'll never forget the day when I was driving around downriver with Nick on his lunch break when a little mini dump truck drove past us, I squealed with delight at the cuteness of such a masculine associated vehicle miniaturized to half it's normal size. Now the one I saw was actually more of a Tonka style (as in the kids toys) then the one pictured but you get the idea.



2. Mini LP's: As a shout out to my honey, I'll tack this one on the list since deep down I really do think they're super cute. Nick has a collection of mostly Japanese Mini LP's which are CD's inside the original shrunken down LP packaging so, for instance, he sold a bunch of his Genesis CD's to fund his purchase of the Mini LP's which come in shrunken down packaging exactly like you would have found on the original LP. It's pretty genius by giving you the CD sound quality plus the classic packaging. They will, however; cost you a pretty penny since they only took off in Japan so they usually have to be imported.






1. Miniaturized Shoes: Ok, we've all seen them and don't even act like baby shoes that are mini adult shoes aren't the cutest things ever! Little Pumas, Little Converse high tops, and let's not forget the baby Uggs...oh my gosh my head might explode over the cuteness!! Look here, even mini Gwavin is wearing them!

















No comments: