Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hottie of the Week!


I am such a degenerate blogger. Really just a major major slacker. The only explanation I have is that work will be picking up 10 notches each day from now until July and the majority of my home life is spent reading the addicting-like-crack Twilight series. Thanks to Leigh, no wait, thanks to both the Archibald ladies for getting me to read this teen (or are they tweens?) series and wasting my nights away wondering just what the heck will happen to Edward the vampire and Bella the damsel in distress. I fought it for weeks before ever opening the front cover and then I continued to fight it all the way through the first book. I grimaced and gagged each and every time Edward said something ridiculously cheesy and overly romantic to Bella, so you can imagine how exhausted I was when I finally finished the book a day later. It's teen fiction, I kept telling myself...don't compare this to Hemingway for god's sakes. Sure enough, just a few hours after closing Twilight and writing it off as a one-time deal, I found myself wondering what would happen to our dear leading lady and her glittering vampire love. By that evening, I was in complete distress. I NEEDED to read the second book New Moon like NOW. Like a bad drug, it has crept up on me, taken over my mind and won't let me read anything else until I know for sure these two silly lovebirds end up together forever in perfect undead harmony.


So what does this have to do with our hottie of the week? Well, I have yet to see the movie version of Twilight, but I have seen the previews and read the reviews. I just cannot picture anyone but Robert Pattinson as Edward. Because of that I have disturbingly formed a serious crush on the poor boy (I think he's 22) and can't stop fantasizing that his vampire character self will come and save me from my boring human existence. Sound crazy? It totally is but ladies who have read this, fess up...I know you feel the same exact way. This is why romance novels are just horrible for you. It takes reality and spins it completely on its head and leaves you utterly confused. I'm going to need a good solid dose of Clockwork Orange or something by Tom Wolfe to bring me back down after this.


In the meantime, fans of Twilight should enjoy our Hottie of the Week, Robert Pattinson. I prefer him with the shorter hair, but I suppose the longer hair wouldn't be a deal-breaker.


Enjoy! He's a bit too pretty for my normal taste, but he gets a 10 out of 10 in my current mental state.


RIP John Updike

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I should know all about this guy after Saturday night.

Lisa said...

I guess so...but I feel all dirty and wrong about it. :)

Anonymous said...

Lisa the whole series is addictive. They just build on one another so well..

Lisa said...

They are definitely addicting Nikki...did you read them recently??

How's Florida? Warm and amazingly sunny??

kelsarch said...

Yay for a new convert! I'm very proud of my role in your addiction! And he may be too young for you but he's just right for me!!

Lisa said...

There you go Kelsi! I'm nearly a cougar now, so he is a bit too young. I'm going to finish Eclipse this weekend and probably neglect everything else in my life.

awesome said...

...now, if he were in his teens, I would give you the cougar thing. Still, that designation is reserved for those 35+ I would say. You're more in the bobcat territory. not as sexy, I know. You need to earn that cougar title, though.

Anonymous said...

Yes I read them over Christmas, I just couldn't put them down once I started reading them.

Florida is great a little cold for me but at least there's no snow..

Kirsten Alana said...

LMAO Lisa! I've been reading old posts on here (just discovered y'all) and this is the first that I just HAD to comment on because you're so dead on! For women who are almost 30 it really does seem silly in a sense, to be addicted to these books or the movie...heaven forbid Pattinson himself [who truly is a young hottie] but you nailed it. Addicting it is! I read all 4 books in 48 hours. Thank God I am self employed or I might have lost a job over that...

Anyway, glad to see you two in blog world. Love the wit!