Monday, February 2, 2009

Sports Desk...

Nick and I hosted a small "Big Game" party yesterday and had a great time with the friends who were able to join us. I'd been thinking all weekend of something to write about since I hadn't written in several days and nothing was inspiring me. I figured I could write about the game like I have before, giving the highlights and funny things I noticed but I had no idea on Saturday if it was going to be a good game or not. So I was out to dinner at my favorite wine bar in Plymouth with Lisa, Debbie, and Alicia when an idea as brilliant as I could ever hope for hit me like a gigantic bolt of lightening!! Lisa asked Deb where she was planning to watch the game and commented that she was rooting for Arizona instead of the Philadelpha Penguins, I corrected her small tiny sports confusion, (i.e., the PITTSBURGH Penguins are a NHL hockey team) and we all had a good laugh at her comment. I thought her comment was funny, Deb and Alicia had a good laugh, and from there the wheels started turning. Yesterday afternoon, before the majority of people arrived, I requested Nick and Zach's assistance in my plot for a potentially brilliant blog. I had no idea at the time if my plan would pan out but I saw the potential and with the help of the two guys, recorded every silly, funny, Superbowl related quote that came out of Lisa's mouth, without her knowing. So, it is with great pride, and hopefully a friendship and blog partnership still in tact, (Love you Lease!), that I present to you...

Lisa's Take on the Big Game:

Pregame:

6:02 “I’m excited because Matt Leinart is the backup quarterback”

6:03 p.m. “I’ve chosen the Arizona Cardinals tonight. I’ve been to Arizona ... and they probably have more attractive people.” (Self explanatory)

6:08 “They don’t know who’s starting yet?? Is it like a surprise??” (On the starting lineups, a little confused there)

6:08 “Do they play inside or outside??”

6:20 “If they say their high school, does that mean they didn’t go to college?” (On the starting lineup's bio's)

1st Quarter:
6:32: What's with all this penetration?? (On the broadcasters commentary about how well the defense was able to penetrate the offensive line)

6:45 "It's, like, two guys with long hair hitting each other." (Followed a giggle over watching a guy tackle an opponent)


7:01 -"I just want to tickle them until they smile." (On why the players don't smile in pictures or their starting lineup bio's)

2nd Quarter:
7:18 “He was running right at him ... right?”

7:23 “It’s also nighttime and they’re wearing that black stuff on their faces ... is that for fashion?” (On the eye black)

7:25 “This is, like, vintage” (during highlights being shown of Kurt Warner from two weeks ago)


7:29 “He needs a towel” (Harrison’s face was sweaty)


7:48 “He has a great perky booty ... you could bounce a quarter off of that... tight ass and long flowing hair.” (Larry Fitzgerald)


7:49 “#11. Snake eyes.” (Commenting on Fitzgerald's number, last time I checked a 2 was a snake eyes on a roll of the dice)

Halftime:
7:55 “Bruce is pissed right now. Springsteen.”

3rd Quarter:
8:47 “What happens when they get a foul?”

8:51 “So, a fumble it’s like a hot potato. Huh?” (On a fumble recovery)

9:01 “Oh! What happens there?” (On a kickoff that required a touchback)

9:03 “She’s like a Chia Pet. He’s been watering her every night.” (On the hairgrowth of Kurt Warner's wife)

9:04 “Nobody would watch it” (in response to my idea that she needs her own “radio show” for all this genius commentary)

4th Quarter:
9:14 “Rod Hood: He was up to no good” (for no good reason)

9:19 “I like the Willies!” (On the funniest football names)

“9:39” “It looks like a body part” (On a piece of paper that flew onto the field)

9:58 “What is that magical pole?” (goal post)

So there you have it folks, we had a good time laughing with her yesterday and I figured it might be funny to some of our readers as well, hopefully she'll still speak to me after this!

9 comments:

Marc said...

"That's vintage" was my favorite. Well done.

Lisa said...

I am speechless...and I think we're all relieved at that. You guys are so freaking sneaky...I am shocked and majorly blushing over here right now. Well played Leigh, well played.

Marc said...

i loved watching nick secretly typing out each quote on his laptop as he was ebaying. a classic brandon move.

Lisa said...

Marc! You knew?! This was a very elaborate plot...sadly it sounds like I'm the only one who didn't know about it! Aaron - tell me you didn't know?

Schmebber said...

Leigh...you left out the major confusion over the concept of "squares" that was discussed Sat night.

gotta admit Lisa...I too knew of the plot and did not warn you. Leigh brought it up when you went to the restroom. Funny stuff...

Leigh said...

Deb, I totally forgot about the squares convo!!! Oh boy, that would take a long time to explain I'm afraid!

Marc said...

no i didn't know, but i caught on when nick had me repeat the things you were saying just to make sure they were accurate.

awesome said...

I didn't find out until just after you had left. A brilliant scheme, no doubt. You certainly delivered the goods though. Nick must have been struggling to keep up. Memorable quotes were coming fast and often.

Lisa said...

OMG...my list of revenge is getting very very long today. How will I ever repay you all?! ;)

BTW, I'm working on a blog post about Ted Haggard, but somehow it just doesn't fit today. I'll post it up when all this football nonsense dies down. Geezzzz a girl can't ask a few innocent questions?! And I love me some Larry Fitzgerald...he's the man.