Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cheap and Chic Exercise


Good morning from gloomy Michigan! I literally just stumbled upon something that could be an answer to my exercise prayers. I was walking through my office when I noticed a brightly colored giant hula hoop sitting in one of the cubicles. Always ready for a distraction while working, I walked over and inquired as to what this circle of obvious fun was, exactly. My co-worker explained that it's an Acu Hoop and it contains magical powers to trim your waistline while you watch television. Apparently, some genius turned a normal everyday kid's toy into a workout machine for the housebound adult...sold! The Acu Hoop is a weighted hoop that works your abs and hips while you hula it around your body. I think this screams instant 6 pack! I can only imagine the time I've wasted by reclining while watching TV at night. Now I can hula hoop my way to summer hotness while at the same time exercising my brain to understand just what the heck is happening on Lost. Double whammy!!


According to the website authority on Acu Hoops, you can slim your waistline by 2 inches every month! It only takes 10 minutes a night or the first third of your favorite Real Housewives of NYC episode. The medium size Acu Hoop is only $32.00.


I'm going to try this out at lunch and see how my abs look later today.

9 comments:

awesome said...

Seriously...

Lisa said...

SERIOUSLY! Why didn't you ever work this into our work-out routine?! I feel cheated.

awesome said...

Watching you curse your way through a set of 10 push-ups is much more entertaining

Anonymous said...

This seems like a very complicated maneuver for someone who once walked through a screen door... I'm not pointing out who. I'm just saying...

Lisa said...

Are we having a blog fight?

awesome said...

Ohhhhh boy! (ready with popcorn)

Leigh said...

Awesome...seems like we've had this argument about spot treatment working out...will she ever learn?

awesome said...

Does she ever learn? With anything? I love the girl, but sometimes...honestly...want to pull my hair out.

Lisa said...

whoa whoa whoa people! I'm innocently working away here at my place of employment and I log onto my favorite website and what do I see?! So much smack talking! Awesome because of you I decided to forgo my purchase of the magic hoop. You apparently want to exercise with me again, so let's see what you've got. P.S. as long as it doesn't involve running.