Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Long awaited arrival...

With the sun shining and temperatures in the double digits, I think it's finally safe to say that Michigan is on it's way to thawing out. However, I'm sure by typing this I'll jinx us into hitting record lows next week. Either way there is a 58° forecast in the very near future and I plan to break out my bikini and baby oil! Okay, so that's a bit of an exaggeration 1. because I've still got some winter insulation going on and 2. because it's pale, white, and pasty and shouldn't be forced on anyone's eyes. Oh well, at least we won't have to wear those down puffer coats which is about all you can ask for in March!! Unfortunately this time of year brings something besides the sunshine, melting snow and end of hibernation: the dreaded return of the geese. For anyone who read my blog about the evil geese who caused the Hudson River landing you'll already know that I'm not a big fan of these creatures. Well, I woke up this morning in a great mood. After a solid night's sleep, I was up early to get a run in with plenty of time to pick up bagels for an coworker's birthday. I was thoroughly enjoying the sunny morning when I pulled into the parking lot and spotted the stupid stupid geese. There they were, (I've named them Maude and Claude), waddling their squat ugly butts in front of the driveway just so I had to come to a complete stop and let them pass. They come back here every single year and make sweet chicky babies on one of our parking lots little grassy islands where the utility pole is located. Before they commense in fornication and parenthood I'm convinced they pretty much live just to torment me. They await my arrival to work most mornings and hiss at me while I'm walking from my car to the building in order to distract my attention as I step in the minefiled of poo they leave all over the sidewalk! Maude and Claude are on a real power trip, you'd think they own the place! Sometimes they bang their beaks on our front door, then as if they know precisely when we're all watching, turn around and let the greenish shite flow all over the doorstep! If that isn't bad enough, I occassionally have to walk out the back door to avoid them and if I get within 10 feet of them they flap their wings, hiss and I swear they want to have me for lunch! The only good thing about them is the goslings that are born in a couple months, that is pretty cute to see them hatch and learn to walk around, but in reality they all turn into big mean geese. This year I'm taking a stand, they're not gonna push me around anymore! I'll walk where I want to and leave the building from whatever door I please! Just you watch Maude and Claude, I will live in fear no longer!

Stay tuned for what is sure to be many more geese stories...

No comments: