Monday, March 30, 2009

Fashion Smashion...

After perusing one of my favorite daily blogs, bagsnob.com, I came across the link to their sister site, Couturesnob.com, which lists several bullet points of what they are featuring for the day. Today's top point read, "How to work the YSL Jumpsuit", and I immediately had to click on it. Lately I've found myself mentally stressed over whether the jumpsuit coming back into fashion is a good thing, (yes I know I need to get a life or live a day in someone else's life who has real problems!). I'm not super trendy but I try to keep up on what's happening in the fashion world and introduce some of the latest trends into my normal wardrobe. I've seen jumpsuits start to make a comeback and although I would never consider wearing one I think I can see where it might be okay on someone much taller and slimmer then my 5'3ish" frame. It was on the runways last year but you really know it's hit the mainstream when you start to see it at Express and I just so happened to see one there a week ago. They were all on sale which leads me to believe that they're not selling well and since I haven't actually seen anyone in Michigan wear one I'm hoping it's because everyone else is banishing this fashion trend as well. Watch me post this blog and then find an adorable one at Target later this spring that I can't live without! Anyway, I often look to couturesnob.com, not for advice but just to get their take on new trends and now that I've seen their opinion on the YSL version, I might have to take them off my blog list. Please see picture at your right. Yes, it's Yves Saint Laurent the high-end fashion house, it's new, its edgy...but does anyone else think it looks like a pair of men's sweatpants that were just pulled up over the model's chest?!? I don't think I'm way off here but I know Nick has several pair of Ohio State sweat pants that I could instantly make into my own chic twist on this horrific outfit! What happened to flattering a woman's body?? Yeah, that idea has obviously died with this trend. And please, please, please tell me who would find a woman sexy, hot, or attractive in this without being embarrassed to be seen with her? Oh but wait! Now I see YSL did a version in sequins, ah yes....well hey, obviously sequins completely change the feel of the whole thing, I mean its way better in when you throw some glitz at it! No longer is it just a casual jersey knit, shapeless pair of sweat pants, now it's much more saggy crotch pirate pants goes to Vegas!!! If you want my fashion advice, stick to jeans that fit you, a sequin tank top and you're be miles ahead of this trend in class and style!

2 comments:

kelsarch said...

Ewww that looks terrible!

Leigh said...

Amen Spontaneous, Amen.