Friday, May 8, 2009

Website of the Day


Happy Friday!

I enjoy reading Gawker.com. I can't really put my finger on why, but it's drawn me in and I am a frequent visitor. They kind of talk about everything and every now and then it's hilarious. So today on one of my quick trips over there I read an interview with the creator of the blog: Look at this Fucking Hipster.com. I apologize for the foul language, it's not mine. I'm too old to really care about this interesting "group" of people (although I think most of them are too old to actually still have a membership card, but it's their world) so I wasn't sure what this would entail. We've all run into the hipsters from time to time when we're out just trying to mind our own business without announcing our cultural tastes by wearing flourescents. Well, this website is a nice little collection of hilarious photos and videos of hipsters. It's fairly boring compared to "Stuff White People Like" but still worth a visit for one reason and one reason only. Check out all those neckerchiefs! I had no idea there was a resurgence in the bandanna/neckerchief market thanks to our dear misguided hipsters! Can anyone explain this fashion statement to me?? I get the funny staches and facial hair stylings of the gentleman hipster...ha ha you look like an a-hole but it's HILARIOUS. So what is the ironic message behind the neckerchief wearing?? If you explain it to me, and it makes sense, I will buy you a drink (yes, it can be a can of .75 cent Pabst).

http://www.latfh.com/

Visit and behold

7 comments:

awesome said...

First, are you saying anyone who wears a funny mustache is an asshole?!

Second, hipsters wear things that most everyone else won't as to differentiate themselves and to show how comfortable they are being different. One PBR coming my way...again...for the 7th time.

Lisa said...

ha...I knew you would have an issue with that. No I didn't say they WERE an a-hole...and anyways my friends are always exempt from that rule. Just because. But I must say that I do prefer you minus the Nascar stache.

Second, that doesn't count as a solid explanation for the neckerchiefs. But I will give you three quarters and you can buy a PBR next time we're in A2.

awesome said...

Sure Lisa...than do you care to explain all the emails, phone calls and late night texts BEGGING for the return of the stache? Admit it, you can't resist the stache

Lisa said...

What color is the sky in your world?! Maybe this was some sort of kinky dream you had...I'm not judging.

awesome said...

What an original line to use! Denial...it ain't just a river in...well, you know how it goes

Lisa said...

I'd love to go to Egypt! It's on my bucket list.

awesome said...

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1560/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1560R-2054290.jpg