Friday, May 22, 2009

Diary of a Newlywed...partial credit

As I have previously mentioned in a couple of postings I've spent many hours on the treadmill working my way through The West Wing. I'm completely in love with this show and luckily my Father-in-law offered me every season on DVD from his collection so I can come and get the next season whenever I need it. I'm on the last disc of season 2 and there's nothing worse then walking downstairs to the treadmill, queuing up what you think is the next episode only to find that you've seen them all! This happened with the first season and I was forced to take a hiatus from the West Wing and watch Law & Order: SVU until I could get my hands on season 2. To avoid this problem I asked Nick to pick up the third season from his parent's house when I was only on disc 3 so that there would be a seamless transition between seasons. A few days later he was in Ann Arbor and I reminded him to pick up the DVD on his way home. I described precisely where to look, down to which side of the drawer so that he wouldn't have to traipse all over the house looking for it. Later that evening I asked if he'd remembered to stop by and when he nodded yes relief washed over me considering the fact that it'd taken days of reminders to get him to stop in. He walked over to his shoulder bag, reached in and with a big grin pulled out not one but two plastic wrapped DVD cases and handed them to me. I smiled back, set them aside without much inspection and gave him the pat on the back he deserved for thinking ahead and grabbing season's 3 AND 4, I mean seriously, this was a big deal! Not only did he do everything I asked but he went the extra step to grab the next season as well so I wouldn't have to wait! I put them on the coffee table where they have resided for the past week and took the remaining disc of season 2 with me to Florida last weekend where I polished off the season on the flight. Excited to start season 3, I went to grab it before my run on Tuesday and before ripping off the plastic noticed that I was holding season's 4 and 5. I stared at the box sets, confusion growing as I tried to figure out where season 3 was. After a few moments in thought I knew what had happened but was even more confused about what to do. He'd clearly gone exactly to where I'd told him the DVD's were, grabbed anything that said West Wing on it and not given the title's or large Season numbers on the covers much thought. Hey, its only 18 episodes, what can really happen in that short amount of time that I can't skip right onto season 4 right?!? I just had to laugh, I was bummed about not having season 3 but he'd tried, he really had and even though he'd completely failed to get what I needed it was an A for effot! Next up we'll work on execution...

No comments: