Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Morning Routine...Interrupted

After nearly 4 years working at the same job, starting at the early hour of 8:00am I've got my morning routine down to a science. The alarm starts going off at 6:43am allowing me to hit the snooze button twice before actually rolling out of bed and entering the cruel, cold world. I wash my face, then flip on the TV while brushing my teeth and type in Channel 231 for Good Morning America HD which starts at 7am. I know what segments happen at what time so if Sam Champion goes to weather and I'm not styling my hair or putting my makeup on I know I'm running behind. At 7:24am they break for the local news and Eric and Alicia from "7 Action News This Morning" spout off on the the local going ons in our fair city. This part of the show is normally just background noise since we all know how horrible local news can be. I'm usually slicking on some mascara until I hear them send it to Dave Rexroth, the weather man, at which point I actually leave the bathroom to watch. Today; however, I nearly poked myself in the eye when I heard the teaser, "Daughter kills Dad over last dinner roll!" I don't have coffee until I get to work so I considered the fact that I was still in a sleepy, groggy state and walked to the living room to rewind the segment. Sure enough I rewound and heard the same teaser so I continued to watch as they described a Melvindale woman who ate her Father's precious last dinner roll even after he put a note on it saying it was saved for him. This selfish, heinous act really lit a fire under ole Dad's ass and understandably he went right for the knife drawer to show her who was boss...unfortunately for him his daughter either had a secret knife drawer of her own or regularly carries a knife on her person at 6am because a knife war ensued and the daughter actually stabbed her Father to death! Following the murder the daughter was found hiding in the woods behind her house. Ok, so I have a few questions/comments/concerns about this whole story and you can watch the actual news coverage here:



1. Who puts a note to save a dinner roll?? I mean a Ribeye from the Chop House is one thing but a dinner roll?? Talk about the crime not fitting the punishment, I'd only break someones Tibia for eating my saved dinner roll, not stab them!!

2. Who eats dinner rolls at 6a.m? Cereal, eggs, omelets, bacon, french toast...all acceptable breakfast foods, dinner rolls? Not on the list!

3. The woman was found hiding in the woods behind her own house! What's the point of hiding if it's within 50 feet of the crime scene?!? Has this woman never seen Law & Order, CSI or even Reno 911?!? Doesn't take a genius to figure out that hiding requires a bit more distance then the back woods of your home, I mean walk around the block at least!

4. The 42 year old daughter was living with her 62 year old Father: Well that's enough to make you stab just about anyone but seriously, a knife fight?!? What happened to a good ole screaming match or food fight?!? Both are far more productive and cleaner then having to sop up your poor father's blood! Clearly these two had some anger management issues from the get go and it's sad that it had to come to a head over a freaking dinner roll...hope you enjoyed that last bite that cost you your father you evil wench!

3 comments:

the roe family said...

OMG

awesome said...

Yeah, I think the world lost a gem with this guy...one less social security check that needs to be cut. Dang.

Leigh said...

Sara, NC sounds pretty good right now!