Thursday, June 25, 2009

Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh, Oh Oh Oh Oh

The Right Stuff...huh. I'm going to see the boy band formally known as New Kids on the Block, now just NKOTB, this evening. That's right, you are jealous. I'll have a full report tomorrow or Saturday for you. It's a very last minute deal and I certainly was unprepared for the emotional baggage that comes with seeing your childhood idols again after 20 years. I'm a firm believer in leaving things in the past, but a free ticket is a free ticket. Will I revert back to my 8-year-old self and sing along to my old favorites? Will I pass out from the hysteria? Will I just sit there and think...my god...I had horrendous taste as a child? Likely. Maybe I was right way back in 1989...maybe Jordan Knight and I ARE supposed to be together forever and this is how we will meet.

Either way, I will let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

awesome said...

And you don't want to see the return of Stapp?!?!

Lisa said...

I told you...I had a scarring experience with Creed when I was 20. Somehow after being plied with 7 or 8 beers, I ended up in the parking lot running from car to car telling people how hot Scott Stapp (gag) was. Do I want to risk that happening again? NO!