Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Are You Ready?


I just have one question for you today. Are you ready for the Digital TV Transition? In case you haven't heard about this transition, it's basically D-Day for your television set. If you have an antenna or don't pay for cable or both, then your TV will self combust at some point in the very near future. I, for one, really wish that our government would have warned us about this incoming apocalypse. Maybe a few commercials instructing us as to how we could prepare for this transition would have been helpful. Or maybe a running ticker at the bottom of my TV screen for the last 6 months during the local news. I don't know...I'm not on the government's DTV Transition Committee, but if I were none of this would be a problem. There is going to be a national outcry this week when our innocent TV watching citizens are shocked to find their analog TV sets only show a fuzzy Pat Sajak. I just hope in the future someone will better prepare us for a situation of this magnitude.

I think the only thing us responsible TV watchers can do is to spread the word. Shout it from the rooftops. Tell everyone you know that there is a major transition happening in their TV. It WILL NOT WORK anymore if they haven't updated their set in the last 20 years. My cable service Wow! assures me that as long as I pay them $100 a month, I am safe. I'd hate to miss the next episode of The Real Housewives of New Jersey so I will keep writing those checks. Please share this news with everyone you know who owns a television. We can't make up for the time our government has lost by not spreading the word, but we can start to make a difference now.

6 comments:

awesome said...

Be careful watching that Real Housewives show though. If you stay on that channel for longer than 4 minutes your brain shuts down, turns to gelatin and leaks out of your nose

Lisa said...

I know...it happens on a weekly basis. BTW, is your jersey machine washable?

awesome said...

WHAT DID YOU DO TO STEVIE?!?!?!

Lisa said...

Stevie enjoyed some Heineken last night. Don't worry...he's resting comfortable at home in my laundry pile.

Anonymous said...

IT SMELLED LIKE FEET AFTER LISA WAS DONE WITH IT!!

Lisa said...

It did not! Okay it actaully did, but I think that's what beer soaked jersey mesh is supposed to smell like. In my experience.