Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Why didn't I think of that?!?

Lisa and I have often sat around after leafing through the latest People, Shape, Vanity Fair, Design Within Reach catalogue, etc... and wondered why we didn't think of some genius product or idea we'd just seen. You know, like the silicone chicken cutlets that go in a girls bra to enhance cleavage, or Spanks, or dry shampoo, or some fabulous niche blog idea. Well today I had a major case of "why didn't I think of that?" when I heard about a product from my coworker, Josh. He sent me a link and as soon as I saw the name I knew it was gonna be brilliant. Here it is people, http://www.walkofshamekit.com/. Pretty self explanatory but the execution is quite hilarious. I originally thought it was a joke website from some place like The Onion, but sure enough you can actually purchase your very own walkofshamekit! The slightly larger then a Pringles canister contains 8 valuable morning after items, including a cotton t-shirt dress, drawstring bag to stuff your hoochie bar shirt and dangly earrings from the night before into, sunglasses to cover the smudged eyeliner, mascara and what are surely large bags under your eyes, Hypo-allergenic wipes that are safe for your whole body and they do mean "everywhere," and a couple other items which I'll leave for you to check out on the site. The marketing campaign they've created is super funny and plays up the benefits for both men and women owning one. Reasons for women to own one are pretty obvious, (been there, done that!) and they use a dose of harsh comic reality to advertise to guys, "And for you guys, aren’t you tired of her taking your favorite tee-shirt the morning after to walk home in. Your problem is now solved, keep a Walk of Shame™ Kit in your house and you don’t have to worry about calling her to get your favorite tee back again." Lisa, your birthday is only one day away but I think I can overnight one of these to get it here in time!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I have wasted so much of my life not coming up with genius ideas!! This is hilarious/a necessity. I could even use this for my sleepovers at Brentwood! My poor neighbors are probably so tired of seeing me stumble home at 8am with one of Nick's band tshirts, skinny jeans, heels and my bra hanging out of my purse. I think 28 might be the year of the walkofshame kit!